Call us now at: 0943758148 or chat with us using the chat button on the bottom right of this page.
We provide certified translation services in Chiang Mai, Koh Samui, and Bangkok for documents such as Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Business Registration documents, Death Certificates, Contracts, and any other type of document for visa application or other official business.
Certified Translation are usually needed for visa applications, dealing with Thai government or other embassies in Thailand, and for official business dealing. We also provide services to get your documents and translation certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Our office in Chiang Mai is located on Thip Net Road near Wualai Walking Street (Saturday night market). See map below. We are open Monday to Friday – 9.30am to 5.30pm.
Our office in Koh Samui is located near Bangkok Hospital Samui – on the same side as the hospital, about two hundred meters after the hospital (if you are coming from Lamai). See map below. We are open Monday to Friday – 9.30am to 5.30pm.
Our office in Bangkok is in Eakkamai area: Unionspace building, No. 30 Sukhumvit 61. Please call us to arrange and appointment before visiting our Bangkok location.
Types of certified translation:
- Stamped with ‘Certified Correct Translation’ stamp and signed by the translator. The is the regular certification we are able to provide with all of our translated documents as we are legally registered as a translation company with the department of business development, and our translators are also members of the Thai Interpreters and Translators Association.
- Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA): we provide MFA certification services via MFA’s Chiang Mai office, or Bangkok office in Chaeng Watthana. See below to find out more about the process of MFA Certification / Legalization, and what we need from you to process this.
- Legalization by your Embassy – we are able to process document or translation legislation on your behalf for certain Embassies, such as the Chinese Embassy in Chiang Mai, Philippines Embassy in Bangkok, the US Embassy, the UK Embassy, and Russian Embassy.
- Notarized by a lawyer – on occasions you might need a document, or the translated document notarized by a lawyer. We work with various lawyers in Koh Samui to provide this service.
MFA Translation Certification Process:
- You need to provide us with the original document. If you document was not issued by a Thai authority, you will need to get your document certified by your embassy first.
- We will ask you to prepare all necessary documents required and give you a power of attorney form to sign. This will allow Modus Language Services Co., Ltd. to make an application for MFA certification on your behalf.
- We check the available dates, confirm with you and make the appointment.
- We complete the translation, stamp the translation with certified correct translation stamp.
- On the day of the appointment, the MFA staff will check all the documents, once they are satisfied with the documents provided, they will accept them for certification.
- We will have to go back to MFA again in 2-5 days to collect the certified documents. On the day of collection, the MFA might ask us to make some changes to the translation. Our office staff will make the changes and get the updated translation certified by the MFA within the same day. Once done, the documents will be ready for you to collect at one of our office within the same day or within 2-3 days for Koh Samui.
What you need to provide for MFA certification:
- The original document.
- A copy of your ID or Passport. If you are a foreigner, then we also need a copy of your visa pages. Your visa must be valid on the day of the MFA appointment. All copies need to be signed by you.
- If you are planning to marry a Thai national, or applying for MFA certification with your partner; we will need your partner’s passport or ID copy and copy of visa pages. Your partner’s visa must also be valid on the day of MFA appointment. All copies need to be signed by your partner.
- If you are applying for certification in your company’s name, we need up to date company registration document (not older than 3 months), and all copies will need to be stamped with your company’s official stamp.
- Power of Attorney form – our staff will prepare this form for you to sign at our office.
How long does it take?
The translation will take 2-4 days depending on how many documents you have. If you need the translation urgently, you can let us know and we will try to get it done as soon as possible.
MFA certification takes about 2-3 weeks – this will depend on when the next available appointment is.
If you would like to find out more details, please contact us or visit us at Modus Language Services Co. Ltd. Chiang Mai, Ko Samui or Bangkok office.
We promise to provide high quality certified translation services.